Does it feel like masculinity is under attack? Perhaps you need a manifesto.
Listen to Real Men Feel, #145, “The Good Men Manifesto” here:
Author and therapist, Jed Diamond, returns to the show to share what he’s learned from doing 70 years of men’s work. It is time to embrace your maleness.
“Men can’t be fully alive to themselves, to the women they love, to their families and friends, unless they understand and embrace their maleness.” ~ Jed Diamond
Rooted in biology, evolutionary science, and research, The Good Men Manifesto is comprised of twenty elements. Jed wrote this to help both men and women better understand maleness, and it is the foundation of his upcoming book, 12 Rules for Good Men.
Topics and Questions Include:
- (2:30) Why is there so much focus on men these days?
- (4:16) The three questions we need to answer before we die.
- (10:00) Where did maleness begin?
- (13:17) Appreciate the biological basis of males and females.
- (16:15) Does size matter?
- (17:53) The disposability of men.
- (22:41) Honor our warrior spirit.
- (26:13) Enjoy the male communication style of dueling.
- (32:46) Understand that male and female differences also manifest in politics.
- (36:33) Accept monogamy is not natural for males and females.
- (41:39) The most significant thing to understand regarding maleness and femaleness.
- (46:47) Accept the world of men is bipolar.
- (52:13) Become aware that men put women on pedestals and also pull them down.
- (54:12) Acknowledge the truth that males learn to be men in men’s groups.
- (56:15) How to get a full copy of the Good Men Manifesto
Watch Real Men Feel, #145, The Good Men Manifesto, August 27, 2019
“Although being male is built into our billion-year evolutionary history, we learn to be men in men’s groups.” ~ Jed Diamond
Request a copy of the Good Men Manifesto by emailing [email protected] with Manifesto in the subject line.
Jed also has a new community called the Diamond Tribe. Email him for more details and info.
Let us know what you thought here in the comments or shoot an email to [email protected].
Subscribe to the podcast at RealMenFeel.org/iTunes
Like the Real Men Feel show on Facebook facebook.com/realmenfeelshow
Scroll down to the author bio for all the links to access more #RealMenFeel
A version of this post was previously published on RealMenFeel.org and is republished here with permission from the author.
If you believe in the work we are doing here at The Good Men Project and want to join our calls on a regular basis, please join us as a Premium Member, today.
All Premium Members get to view The Good Men Project with NO ADS.
A $50 annual membership gives you an all-access pass. You can be a part of every call, group, class, and community.
A $25 annual membership gives you access to one class, one Social Interest group, and our online communities.
A $12 annual membership gives you access to our Friday calls with the publisher, our online community.
Register New Account
Need more info? A complete list of benefits is here.