When you consider contemporary business, social media seems to be the best success driver. Amongst all, with more than a billion users, Instagram has proved to be the leading social platform. It is one of the most productive platforms, which is why more than 70% of the businesses based in the United States use this platform for their marketing efforts.
- Instagram is perhaps the best way in which you can present your brand and product to a global audience easily, effectively and quickly.
- It will allow you to target the younger audiences as it is found through research that nearly 90% of the total Instagram populace consists of people who are 35 years old or younger.
Therefore, given these facts and figures the question is not whether or not you should use this platform for your business marketing but it is how effectively and productively you can use it to achieve your desired results in marketing.
This is where the actual trick lies for which you will need to follow the best strategy, use the best analytical tools to determine the marketing metrics, the level of its performance and the best ways to implement or amend. Just like all other entrepreneur, you will need to ask yourself a few specific questions for this. The questions are:
- How can you make the most of the Instagram strategy
- How can you be sure about the results and
- Do you really believe in the return on your investment?
When you find the answers to these reasonable questions it will be easy for you to craft the most effective marketing strategy.
However, the answers will depend on the Instagram analytics that you use. In order to be sure about the final result of your marketing effort, you will need to design and monitor your Instagram activities.
Attention to analytics
In order to measure the results of your marketing efforts and get more real Instagram likes, you will need to pay attention to your Instagram analytics. This will help you to know whether your marketing strategy is performing well or not and how far it will be successful, if at all. For this you will need to follow a specific guide to Instagram analytics.
To begin with, you will need to know how best you can measure Instagram performance. Ideally, there are dozens of Instagram metrics that you can follow and may be valuable for your analysis. However, for any average marketing team it may not be possible to monitor each and every of them. It is also not relevant or feasible. Therefore, you will need to focus on the most significant ones following a set of objectives that will make the biggest impact in the end.
- The first important thing to analyze is your business goal. This should be a reasonable and achievable one. It must also be able to raise awareness among the users regarding your brand and product. In such a situation and need, you will certainly need to consider and focus on the reach of your post.
- On the other hand, as a marketer you will also need to focus on the user engagement if you ultimate aim of generating more leads is to be fulfilled. Typically, when you focus on user engagement it will help you to understand how your users behave, what actions they take and what type of impact it will have in your sales prospects.
This however, is not an easy task and you will need to consider the basic metrics along with its corresponding features just to make the job easier for you.
The basic metrics
There are a few rudimentary metrics that you will need to consider for and overview and better analysis of your Instagram performance. These set of indicators are available in Instagram Insights. This is the most native analytics page of the platform.
Profile metrics is the most significant of all that comes with nine different features that includes:
- Call clicks
- Total number of posts
- Profile views and
- Website clicks.
In addition to these, there are a few other important profile metrics as well. These are:
- The follower count which will show the overall number of followers to your account
- Impressions that will reveal the total number of times users have seen all of your posts
- Reach of your posts that will reveal how many unique profiles viewed at least one of your posts
- Mentions that will show how many times other users mentioned about your account on Instagram analytics and
- Branded hashtags which ideally is the number of Instagram posts that has your branded hashtags.
Apart from that the audience insights will also play a significant role in Instagram analytics. With these insights you will come to know everything about your target audience. This will further help you to design a better content that will eventually improve the performance of your Instagram marketing efforts. The elements of audience insights are:
- Gender that will show the number of men and women following your account
- Age distribution of the followers that has typically seven different groups that ranges from 13 to 17, 18 to 24, 25 to 34, 35 to 44, 45 to 54, 55 to 64, and over 65 years
- Top locations that will help in location targeting as you can see the top five countries and cities where the users reside and
- Followers Hours and days that reveals the specific days of the week as well as the average time the followers browse Instagram on a daily basis and are engaged the most.
Also consider the photos and videos to use. Make sure that these are most specific and relevant so that it reveals the metrics such as impressions, saves, reach, likes, comments, engagements and views for each of your posts.
Lastly, consider the metrics of the Instagram Stories as this is one of the most important elements of social media content. Pay special attention to each Story separately considering the exits, replies and people insights.
With all these metrics it will be easier for you to measure the account growth, engagement rate and average reach.