The basic methods of male infertility treatment are usually similar in every andrology or urology center. Each treatment depends on the examination results.
Please Note: This article is presented for informational purposes only and is not meant to diagnose or treat any illness. If you have any health concern, see a licensed healthcare professional in person.
Nowadays, a lot of couples face infertility problems. It depends on various factors such as age, lifestyle, genetics, some other diseases, etc. However, it is widespread to look for a problem in women. However, the truth is that both men and women tend to have infertility problems. How to detect and treat them?
A Visit to Urology and Andrology Clinic
If a couple cannot conceive a baby for a long period of time, they should see a specialist. A male health doctor can be an andrologist or urologist. However, these professions have some differences:
- A urologist can deal with both men and women. The main specialty of this doctor is the treatment of renal function disorders and endocrine glands. Urologists deal with the problems of kidneys, urethra, bladder in women as well as reproductive organs and the prostate gland in men.
- An andrologist works only with males. This doctor can also serve as a urologist. However, usually, andrologists are more specialized in the peculiarities of the male reproductive system and fertility.
The sooner a man visits an andrology clinic, the better it is for the male health. He will be tested and treated in case of some disorders. The “Mother and Child” medical center, for instance, has both specialists – urologist and andrologist, which makes treatment even more effective.
What Analyses Should Be Taken?
To make an accurate diagnosis, any urology clinic should withdraw the following analyses:
- Semen analysis (for detecting the quality of sperm, movement of sperm cells, probable infections or abnormalities);
- Hormone tests (infertility can be caused by the lack of testosterone or other hormones);
- Ultrasound diagnostics (it can also show some problems such as varicocele);
- Genetic examination (reveals whether a man has some inherited abnormalities leading to infertility).
Taking into consideration the patient’s condition and test results, some additional examinations can be prescribed.
How to Treat Male Infertility?
The basic methods of male infertility treatment are usually similar in every andrology or urology center. Each treatment depends on the examination results. If any infection was detected, it should be treated with the help of medication, for instance, antibiotics.
If a man has some problems with hormones, he can be prescribed to undergo a course of hormonal treatment. Some infections are treated only surgically. If conventional medications are not effective, a couple can undergo assisted reproductive technology or use donor services.
Nowadays, a lot of couples face infertility problems. It depends on various factors such as age, lifestyle, genetics, some other diseases, etc. However, it is widespread to look for a problem in women.
This content is brought to you by Kyryk Oleksandr.