Hot cocoa, snowball fights, wind singing in the ears! Winters can be a whole lot of fun for children. But only if the winter essentials are worn right. A really good winter jacket is a wardrobe staple during chilly weathers. But is it easy to find the best winter coat for kids?
Too many options might leave you confused. MomJunction is here to help. In this post, we have shared a list of kids’ winter coats that are comfortable, warm, and stylish too.
How To Buy The Right Winter Coat?
Buying the right coat may get tricky due to changing fashion trends, emerging styles, or brand preferences. These are some points to keep in mind while purchasing the best winter coat for your child.
- An ideal winter coat protects the child from extreme cold but is also breathable.
- It should be warm, functional, and have useful pockets.
- A good jacket retains body heat while preventing cold air from entering inside.
- It should preferably be water and snow-resistant, and windproof.
- The size should be just right; neither too tight nor too loose.
Buying the right winter coat is essential to enjoy the season to its fullest. Some winter coats are also multi-functional, and they can really go a long way.
In the next section, we provide a list of children’s winter coats that are comfy, cozy, and packed with several protective layers.
13 Best Winter Coats For Children
Winter coats for boys
Your search for winter coats for boys ends here. These are some of the best winter jackets that are thermally insulated and packed with functional features.
1. The Children’s Place Big Boys’ Faux Fur Lined Parka
Fashion meets fun with this olive green faux fur stylish boy’s winter coat.
- This jacket is made of 100% cotton fabric.
- It comes in two color variants and fits really well.
- The coat has two front pockets and is lined with faux fur inside to keep your boy warm.
- It is also water-resistant and works even in the lowest temperatures.
- The light-weight design gives a comfortable wearing experience.
- It can be washed in the machine.
2. Under Armour Pronto Puffer Jacket
This hooded puffer jacket is ideal for cold winter days as it helps in keeping the body warm and cozy.
- This winter coat is made of 100% polyester material and comes in 12 color options.
- It has a zipper closure.
- Under Armour storm technology makes the coat water repellent and breathable as well.
- The insulated quilting ensures the jacket provides optimal warmth.
- It is light in weight and has a three-piece hood construction to give a superior fit.
- This puffer jacket can be machine washed.
3. London Fog Active Puffer Winter Coat
It is a comfortable puffer winter coat with a hood to keep the child warm during chilly days.
- It is available in nine color variants and is made from 100% polyester material.
- The jacket has a zipper and a hook-and-loop closure.
- It comes with two zippered pockets on the sides and two zippered pockets at the front.
- This winter coat comes with a polar fleece lining for extra warmth.
- It is water-resistant.
- This puffer coat can be washed in the machine.
4. Wantdo Waterproof Ski Jacket
This reflective hooded winter jacket is ideal for boys who enjoy adventure sports.
- This coat comes with zipper closure and is available in four color variants.
- It has a removable and adjustable hood with a faux fur collar.
- The jacket is lined with a warm fleece inner and is made of water-repellent material.
- The cotton padding within the fleece further help in heat retention.
- Jacket’s reflective stripes make the wearer visible even in the low-light areas.
- It is also windproof and the elastic cuff is designed to keep the wind out.
5. ZSHOW Padded Winter Jacket
This coat is all your boy will need to sail through those winter days comfortably.
- It comes in five vibrant color options.
- The jacket is made of 100% polyester material, and the inner is lined with fleece along with cotton padding.
- This jacket has a zipper and button closure.
- It features high-density windproof shell fabric to warm your little kid in cold winters quickly.
- The collar is lined with faux fur and sleeves are designed with elastic cuff rib to prevent the winds from entering.
- It has two side pockets on the top and two at the bottom to act as hand warmers.
Winter coats for girls
Here are some winter coats for girls that are pretty, stylish, and are sure to keep your daughter toasty warm even during chilly weather conditions.
6. Cremson Wool Blend Winter Dress Pea Coat
This elegant jacket with a faux fur collar will make your daughter look no less than a celebrity.
- The front bow button and double-breasted style closure gives it a stylish appearance.
- The fabric has a warm, wool-like feel to it and will keep your girl warm, comfortable, and cozy.
- The coat’s elegant princess-style detailing and puff top sleeves give it a classy look.
- It also has two front welt pockets.
- It comes in five pretty color variants.
7. Roxy Snow Jacket
A colorful and vibrant printed jacket to brighten up gloomy winter days.
- It has an inner lining that is made from a combination of embossed taffeta fabric and brushed tricot fabric.
- All materials used in the snow jacket are made from 100% polyester.
- The snap-away powder skirt system gives it a stylish look.
- It comes with a detachable hood and a pocket for carrying small items.
- This jacket is available in six color variants.
8. Widgeon Long Faux Fur Hooded Jacket
Unicorns and rainbows! This pretty jacket is sure to become your girl’s new favorite addition in the closet.
- This purple mist faux fur winter coat is made of 100% polyester.
- The inner lining is also crafted from faux fur to ensure extra warmth.
- It has a zipper closure with side-seam pockets.
- The cozy hood protects the head from winds and chilly weather conditions.
- This jacket can be machine washed.
9. Rothschild Faux Wool Coat
This is a fashionable, dress-style winter coat to adorn your daughter for those winter evenings, parties, or casual outings.
- It is made with a blend of polyester, spandex, and rayon.
- This trendy coat features ruffles that up the style quotient.
- The long coat has a flare shape to give it a classy and elegant look.
- It is machine-washable.
10. BluNight Dress Long Coat
Pair this stylish coat with stockings and the right boots to complete the look. It is not just warm but fashionable too.
- The stylish coat is made from a fabric, which is a blend of polyester, spandex, and rayon.
- It is a long-sleeved dress style winter coat with a buttoned closure at the front.
- Extra pair of buttons at the front and on the back adds some flair to the coat.
- This winter coat for girls is available in six color variants.
11. SS&CC Flower Print Bowknot Winter Coat
Who said winter clothing has to be boring? Try this floral printed jacket for your girl and jazz up her winter look.
- It is made of 100% polyester material.
- The inner fleece lining helps in maximum heat retention and keeps the child warm.
- The hood is lined with faux fur that keeps the ears warm and also protects the child during windy days.
- It has a zipper closure and stylish bow-knot ribbon at the waist.
- Hand wash is recommended for the jacket to last long.
12. DNggAND Snowsuit
Your girl can head out in the snow with zero worries with this jacket.
- This jacket is available in three attractive color variants.
- It is made of windproof and water-resistant polyester material.
- The inner cotton padding keeps the child warm even when it is chilly outside.
- It comes with a zipper closure and two pockets at the front.
- Hand wash is recommended and do not tumble dry or bleach the coat.
13. Bangely 3D Cartoon Ear-Hooded Coat
A cute winter coat that will give your adorable little girl a bear-like look.
- It is made with a blend of cotton and faux fur material that is breathable and provides maximum comfort.
- The cartoon ear design hood provides warmth and looks cute.
- It is also lined with faux fur fleece for extra coziness.
- It has a zipper closure.
Ready to invest in an uber-chic winter coat for your little one? What are the features that you look for while buying a coat for your child? Do share your ideas with fellow readers by posting a comment below.
Disclaimer: MomJunction may earn a commission when products are purchased through affiliate links given in the article. However, this partnership does not influence the editorial content featuring on our list.